Monday, May 28, 2007

Speed Cooking

While the intrepid cook never seems to lose his composure (at least not until the end) I know I've felt the same type of pressure to get a meal out quickly.



Have a couple goto meals you can turn out in 15 minutes or less. Make sure that it's not just junk food. It's fine to use some prepared foods just make sure you have some fresh foods as well. My favorite last minute meal:

Grilled Cheese
  • Shredded Cheddar
  • Tomato Slices
  • Dijon Mustard
  • French Bread Sliced Thin
  • Olive oil for browning

Tomato Salad
  • Tomatoes (Cherry or Sliced)
  • Cucumber (Sliced)
  • Onion (Slice)
  • Balsamic Vinegar
  • Olive Oil (Optional)
Baked Beans

If I've got it I'll serve cantaloupe slices also. It's your own picnic. It's primitive, tasty and it makes for great leftovers. It also only takes about 10 minutes from start to finish.

No comments: